DataStaR Data Deposit Agreement
DISCLAIMER: DataStaR is an experimental service that may be changed or discontinued at any time. DataStaR may be used "as-is" by approved users with no specific guarantees of system funcionality, availability, or support.
The policies described on this web page and elsewhere on the web site are drafts for review and comment, and are not yet in force.
Please contact DataStaR administrators with any comments or questions.**********************************************************************************
DataStaR's purpose is to support collaboration and data sharing among researchers during the research process, and to promote publishing or archiving data and high-quality metadata to discipline-specific data centers, and/or to Cornell's own digital repository (eCommons). DataStaR fulfills its mission by managing content contributed by depositors as described in its repository policies and system documentation.
Your use of the DataStaR system requires that you accept the terms of this data deposit agreement. This agreement grants permission for Cornell University Library (CUL), via the DataStaR repository (DataStaR) and other repositories or data centers (including CUL's institutional repository, eCommons), to archive and distribute data and metadata, as described in DataStaR's repository policies and system documentation, and the terms you agree to below.
By using the DataStaR system, you accept the terms of this agreement, and you (or your proxy, on your behalf) agree to the following:
- You accept and abide by DataStaR's repository policies, which describe the overall management and operation of the repository and related services.
- You represent that in utilizing DataStaR for the purposes of sharing your submission privately with selected colleagues, such sharing is not in violation of any applicable laws or policies, including those pertaining to the protection of private and confidential information.
- You certify that in preparing this submission for public archiving and distribution, you have removed all information directly identifying the research subjects in these data, and you have used due diligence in preventing information in the collection from being used to disclose the identity of research subjects.
- You agree to release and hold harmless Cornell University and CUL from any and all liability from claims arising out of any legal actions, including actions concerning identification of research subjects, breaches of confidentiality, or invasions of privacy by or on behalf of said subjects.
- If the submission is your original work, and that you have the right to grant the rights contained in this license. You also represent that your submission does not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon anyone's copyright or any other applicable laws or licenses.
- If the submission is not your original work, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the owner to grant CUL the rights required by this license, and that the owner of the material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the submission.
- If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an agency or organization other than CUL, you represent that you have fulfilled any right of review or other obligations required by such contract or agreement.
- You grant CUL the non-exclusive right to distribute your data set(s) and metadata ("submission", hereafter), via DataStaR, to authorized users selected by you.
- You agree that CUL may make and keep multiple copies of your submission for purposes of security, back-up and preservation.
- You represent that you have made a reasonable effort to ensure that data contained in your submission and distributed via DataStaR are accurate.
- CUL will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of the submission, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this license, to your submission.